Watford Field School Infant and Nursery values each child as an individual and encourages and supports all children in their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development to develop lifelong skills and qualities. We aim to ensure that all children have the opportunity to be successful learners who achieve and aspire to do their best.
The school community have collaboratively identified the skills and qualities we feel are important in becoming a successful and independent learner. We aim for all children to:
- Build on what they already know by exploring the world around them
- Respect and value themselves and others
- Feel excited about their learning and always try to do their best
- Know how to keep themselves and others safe and secure
- Try new things and challenge themselves
- Learn to be independent and do things for themselves
As a school we also uphold the values of:
Belonging, respect, cooperation, generosity, friendship, courage, loyalty, understanding, honesty, making choices and thankfulness.
We ensure these values permeate through all that we do and are promoted through whole school assemblies and PSHE lessons. Children have the opportunity to explore the meaning of such values and how they apply to themselves and the community within which they are part of.