The Staff and Governors of Watford Field School Infant and Nursery work together to create a safe environment and ethos where children are valued, nurtured and encouraged. Our vision and aims were written in consultation with our stakeholders and uphold and support British values and the school’s value of the month and they are at the core of everything we do. They underpin teaching and learning and enable our children to thrive, develop and achieve ready for lifelong learning.
At Watford Field School Infant and Nursery we strive to achieve our Vision:
Being Kind, Confident Minds, Ready for Life Long Learning
We aim to:
- Provide a caring, secure and stimulating environment where children are encouraged to be themselves, have a voice, are listened to, feel safe and are happy.
- Foster an ethos for all children in which they co-operate with each other and develop an understanding of right and wrong.
- To be inclusive where children feel and show respect towards the beliefs, faiths, cultures and opinions of others.
- Encourage children to develop perseverance and have the courage to keep trying, be resilient and show determination to succeed in their learning.
- Encourage children to be independent, confident, self-motivated and develop a positive attitude towards learning.
- Maintain high standards of behaviour through clear expectations, good role modelling and being responsible for their own actions.
- Provide an inclusive, creative curriculum that is broad and balanced which is accessible for all.
- Creating a culture of achievement and rewarding effort by celebrating personal, social and academic success.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers, sharing their child’s learning journey and encouraging support and involvement in their children’s education.
- I will be kind, polite and honest
- I will have good manners and respect for each other
- I will listen carefully to the adults and children in school
- I will be responsible for keeping myself and everyone safe
- I will try my best not to give up and share my achievements
- I will take care of everything in and around my school
Values of the month
Through assemblies and discussions, the children are introduced to a new value every month. These values complement learning in PSHE lessons and link to Jigsaw, the scheme which is used to deliver these lessons. British values are also upheld and ensure all children are able to value who they are, understand how they relate to others and prepare them to become good citizens.
The Values of the month are: Responsibility; Making Choices; Belonging; Tolerance; Perseverance; Resilience; Honesty; Courage; Respect; Democracy; Reflection